Ten tips for the professional landscaper working with Inturf
- Plan ahead to prevent the turf drying out: don’t have
more turf delivered in a day than you can lay.
- Only buy your turf from an Inturf stockist:
that way you’ll know the turf is fresh when you buy it.
- Buy the right grade of turf for the job in hand. Your Inturf approved
stockist will have the knowledge to help you.
- When your turf is delivered to site, stack it in a shady place with
the aim of laying all that is delivered in the course of the day.
- Prepare and wet the ground immediately before laying and incorporate
TerraCottem® soil conditioner to keep the
- To conserve water usage, lay and water-in no more than 20% of the
delivery at a time. This means the first turf laid won’t have
totally dried out when you reach the end.
- In the days following, water only either in the early morning or in
the early evening, so the sun doesn’t burn off the water you’ve
- Give the turf a light rolling to ensure good contact with the soil underneath.
- Hold back on the mowing: the blades of grass should be at least one inch in height.
- As the lawn establishes over the first month, water less and less frequently.
After a month the turf should be well established and ready for your client to enjoy.