Seed that keeps your green spaces green
The larger seed establishes rapidly even at lower temperatures, delivering a rapid green turf that crowds out potential broad leaved weeds and annual meadowgrass, not only do you get a better looking surface more quickly you reduce the need for expensive and environmentally unfriendly weed killers.
Superb green colour that can reduce water and fertiliser applications. This seed produces more attractive turf than traditional ryegrass varieties. Its leaves are a deeper and glossier green, which makes it more inviting. With an improved cellular structure and more efficient photosynthesis, cultivars keep their colour all year round, even when light levels are low. Better colour and increased root mass means turf uses nitrogen more efficiently. That’s good for the environment and for turf managers and gardeners because the turf needs less nitrogen fertiliser and the increased root mass makes it more drought tolerant, reducing the need for additional water applications, whilst capturing more carbon from the atmosphere.
Exceptional disease resistance and winter hardiness for reduced maintenance and chemical applications. The seeds larger energy reserves significantly increase natural disease resistance. This valuable characteristic helps maintain a healthy looking turf during autumn and winter. In trials undertaken in Finland, the varieties showed superior winter hardiness and in Scandinavian trials, it ranked No 1 for general turf quality.
Researchers have conducted extensive trials on the effects of Salt spray and dog pee on 168 varieties from seven species of turfgrass. There’s evidence that the growth of tetraploid perennial ryegrass in our mixture was more vigorous when it came in contact with dog pee. Choosing this seed for its resistance to dog pee is by far the safest and most cost-effective way to reduce dog patches.
- Up-to-date and highly viable and clean seed, meaning that you could use less and see better results.
- Top of the range variety and cultivar choice, matching our Classic turf and maximising the blends compatibility for characteristics.
- Great year-round colour, disease tolerance and shoot density make Classic seed stand-out and continues to perform in all conditions.
- Pre-mixed and ready to be shared with a load of Classic turf, helping to reduce our carbon footprint too.
- And finally, given that it’s the best seed money can buy, we know we are unbeatable on an identical blend.
- 25% dwarf perennial ryegrass - lolium perenne
- 45% strong creeping red fescue - festuca rubra rubra
- 30% slender creeping red fescue - festuca rubra litoralis
Application rate is recommended at between 35 and 50 grams per sqm
Over sowing rate is recommended at between 15 and 25 grams per sqm
Mowing height down to 12MM
Pack sizes are available in; 1, 5, 10 and 20 kilo bags.