MARCH LAWN CARE TIPS
- Cut straggly grass with carefully set mower, collecting the grass clippings.
- Brush ground regularly if dry to remove debris.
- At sign of growth, roll surface with light-to-medium weight garden roller.
- Brush surface to remove debris.
- Mow grass, start reducing mowing height gradually (do not remove more than 25%).
- Always use a grass box.
- A two-directional 50/50 mowing is best at first.
- Make sure the mower is set correctly, achieve a clean cut.
- Two days after first mowing apply Inturf Establish Organic Fertiliser designed for spring/summer applications.
- If no rain within three days of application, water fertiliser into top soil.
APRIL LAWN CARE TIPS
- Apply Inturf Establish Organic Fertiliser mid-month.
- Apply selective weed killer to broadleaved weeds if required.
- Apply moss killer if needed. Sulphate of iron is useful to controls moss, invigorate desirable grasses and deepen green colour of overall appearance.
- Gradually reduce mowing height.
- Step up mowing frequency to twice weekly.
- Always remove clippings.
MAY LAWN CARE TIPS
- Scarify area rake to remove dead grass lying in base of sward or “thatch”
- If a large quantity of material is removed at first pass, scarify every two-to-three weeks during the growing season, until only a small amount of debris is removed.
- If grass is sparse in areas, over-sow with Inturf Classic Seed mixture by hand or machine, at the rate of approximately 25 grams per square metre.
- Apply Inturf Premium Top Soil brushed into surface of sward, effectively covering the seeds, approximately 900 kilos (1 bag) per 50 square metre garden.
- Continue mowing two-to-three times a week and aim to be at an optimum mowing height of between 25mm (1″) to 37mm (1¼”).
- Continue routine rolling.
- Apply Inturf Establish Organic Fertiliser.